Welcome to our Video Resource collection of past webinars or workshops.
Ministering to Survivors of Trauma
Survivors of trauma are among us in our churches, schools and neighborhoods, and they often suffer from significant relational, emotional, and bodily struggles. In this free webinar, ministry leaders will gain an understanding of trauma’s effects, as well as practical tools for connecting with survivors and caring for their needs in a gospel-centered way.
Christian Meditation for Trauma
Establishing a sense of safety is essential to healing from trauma. Christian meditation is one approach that can be used to help trauma survivors access a greater sense of safety and stability as they process their trauma stories. Practical Christian-based coping skills and trauma-informed approaches to spiritual disciplines can help people calm their bodies, regulate their emotions, and connect with the Lord. This 90-minute webinar will present a variety of strategies that counselors and ministry leaders can incorporate into counseling sessions and informal helping conversations. During our time together, we will:
- Define Christian meditation and consider its role in trauma counseling
- Identify the potential risks and benefits of teaching meditation to people who have been traumatized
- Discuss trauma-informed principles that help to mitigate potential risks
- Identify common categories of Christian meditation that can help physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental symptoms of trauma
- Discuss how to incorporate meditative practices into counseling sessions and informal helping conversations
- Practice a series of meditation skills together
Membership Discount Code
Building Healthy Relationships After Trauma
Survivors of trauma often experience difficulty in finding and keeping healthy relationships. This is a common struggle because survivors experience fear of further traumatization at the hands of other people, so they may either isolate from relationships or become entangled in unhealthy patterns of relating. Additionally, survivors who are Christians often struggle to trust and commune with God. In this three-hour webinar, we explore some common relationship struggles faced by survivors of trauma, and gain understanding in:
- God’s design for the thriving of relationship with Himself and others
- Healthy vs. insecure attachment to others
- Finding and keeping relationships that are secure and safe
- Skill-building in effective communication when fear intrudes
- Tools for connecting with God and others in daily life
Access to the recording is $50, group discounts of 5 or more are available upon request (email email@example.com).
CE hours may be available to mental health professionals. For information regarding CE availability, email firstname.lastname@example.org.